- Web-Development-knowledge are also in 2011 the most asked for IT-skills
- Social Web programming for the first time in the top10
- Demand for App-developers for iPhone and iPad is growing steadily
Also app-programming for social networks like Facebook or mobile devices – especially iPhone and iPad – are requested more and more for IT-projects. Like this the development of Apples iOS gets more important i.e. skills in programming Objective-C are getting more vital in the branch.
The professional use of blogsoftware like Joomla or WordPress is staying as important as in 2010, or was even just entering the top skills in 2011. This is due to the always rising degree of popularity also for company pages to stay in contact with their customers.
In general 2011 the job situation for IT-freelancer was very good. “The request for qualified experts in the field of programming didn´t drop in 2011. For 2012 we are expecting an even higher request. The growth in this market is really impressive”, says Gunnar Berning, founder and Managing Director of twago.
„There is already a high demand for iOS developers at our projects for some time, also for Android programmers”, continues Berning. Because of the mobile internet trend the order situation for App developers is very positive. “Sometimes project-givers have to even wait until a suitable App developer has a free capacity. Especially in Europe the waiting time is high. But if you have the possibility to also use programmers from different continents the waiting time drops significantly. For an international marketplace like twago this trend is of course an optimal condition”, adds Berning.
- Developers for iPhone apps in high demand – IT service providers were not affected by summer slump
- Demand for iPhone App developers at an all time high – great result for IT freelancers
- 2010 Top 10 IT- Skills for Service Providers
- IT-Trends: Demand for PHP stable – Increase in Apps and Social Media Development
- Top IT Skills from the First Half of 2012: Mobile Applications Heating up the Market