- Demand for iPhone app developers has grown enormously over the last 12 months
- Demand for iPhone app developers in the top ten most-wanted skills for the first time
- Top 3 of the most demanded IT skills: PHP, HTML, MySQL
Berlin, 13 April 2011. Never before has the demand for iPhone App developers been so high on twago, the online intermediation platform for projects in the fields of programming, design, and business support services. The most sought after expertise is PHP, followed by HTML and MySQL. The demand for developers of iPhone and iPad apps is in 10th place on our hottest skills list.
The demand for WordPress experts had also made it into the top ten most sought-after skills. While at the end of 2010 fewer WordPress developers were needed, the first quarter of this year saw a significant increase in demand. “Despite the millions of existing blogs, this particular field still doesn’t seem to be saturated. In the past months, WordPress has come out with some significant extensions for its’ Content Management system, for example with the new feature to maintain a multilingual blog” Berning says.
“The status of orders for IT freelancers and service providers is still very good,” Mr. Berning says. On twago, the demand for IT experts increased significantly in the first quarter of 2011.
- Developers for iPhone apps in high demand – IT service providers were not affected by summer slump
- 2010 Top 10 IT- Skills for Service Providers
- Top IT Skills from the First Half of 2012: Mobile Applications Heating up the Market
- IT-Trends: Demand for PHP stable – Increase in Apps and Social Media Development
- Best of 2011: Web- and App-Development are the Top Skills of the year