- PHP, HTML, MySQL skills were highest in demand during the 3rd quarter
- Demand for iPhone/iPad app developers has increased significantly since the beginning of the year
- IT service providers are working to full capacity and are often unable to take on any more projects
Due to the increasing popularity of company blogs and the constant development of WordPress, the demand for suitable service providers has risen significantly during the last months.
C++ as a programming language is still in high demand and seems to be very popular for IT projects despite its “advanced” age.
Even though this skill is not amongst the top ten yet, the demand for app programmers for Apple’s bestsellers iPhone and iPad has increased considerably. “Since the early summer we have observed a high demand for iPhone and iPad app developers. This development is mostly driven by publishing houses and the games industry,” says Gunnar Berning, founder and CEO of twago, which is Germany’s biggest online platform for the intermediation of projects in the areas of programming, design, and business support services.
“Overall, we are seeing a very positive business development,” Berning states.
Again and again clients have problems finding suitable service providers or have to expect delays in the processing of their projects due to the high workload of IT experts. “There was virtually no summer slump this year. The situation in Germany is such that the majority of app developers are book until spring 2011,” Berning says.
- Demand for iPhone App developers at an all time high – great result for IT freelancers
- Best of 2011: Web- and App-Development are the Top Skills of the year
- 2010 Top 10 IT- Skills for Service Providers
- IT-Trends: Demand for PHP stable – Increase in Apps and Social Media Development
- IT trend monitor: significant upturn in demand for HTML, PHP, and MySQL secures more commissions for IT freelancers