Berlin, 13 March 2012. The Berlin start-up twago received the “IT Innovation Prize” for Small -Medium Businesses at the CeBIT fair in Hannover. A jury of 100 experts, under the patronage of IBM, selected twago out of 2,580 hopefuls. twago won in the category e-payment due to its escrow-service safePay which ensures safe payment through the internet.
Only a couple of weeks ago twago was amongst the finalists of the CODE_n business plan award of the GFT group for one of the most innovative IT business models in the world. In addition, twago is one of the “Selected venues 2012” in the German competition “365 venues in the Country of Ideas”, under the patronage of the president of Germany. “We are so happy about all the awards! Especially the award for the best e-payment innovation 2012. This illustrates the importance of security when using services in the internet. Our escrow service offers the highest possible security for customers and providers”, comments Gunnar Berning, founder and CEO of twago.
The IT Innovation Prize is known as a quality seal for engagement and outstanding work in the German IT economy. The awarding party, “Initiative Mittelstand”, is made up of a pool of IT experts, scientists, and IT journalists. With the IT Innovation Prize ”Initiative Mittelstand” helps to promote small to medium sized businesses that offer adaptable IT solutions that can also be used by small companies.
- Diversity in the Workplace, Mind over Assets – twago in the fast lane
- twago safePay – New weapon in the fight against “black sheep” when working online
- twago and the Innovation Award
- „Diversity Prize” 2011 – Awarded to German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Berlin start-up twago
- twago wins German Diversity Prize 2011, along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel