DevOps / TechOps Engineer (m/ f/ d)
twago is a successful, internationally active enterprise on its way to becoming an established online company. The company was acquired by Randstad Holding in 2016, but is operated as a stand-alone entity. We are changing the world of work by connecting freelancers and business clients from all over the world in order to successfully manage various projects.
Last year we launched a new white label platform (twago enterprise) which allows large companies (Fortune 500) to directly connect to freelancers using their own brand. Our first clients are life, and the sales funnel is highly promising. The feedback of the market is overwhelming and we currently have more demand than we can deliver.
In line with the Randstad strategy, we want to combine High Tech with High Touch. Translated to twago we want to add touch experience in the matches of our clients and freelancers. For that, we work with the newest methodologies like growth hacking, agile development and have a strong marketing automation focus.
For our office in the heart of Berlin we are looking for you to start as soon as possible as: DevOps / TechOps Engineer (full-time)
Your role as DevOps / TechOps Engineer
As part of an experienced and international product development team (currently 20 people) you play an essential role in designing, developing, and operationalizing our product infrastructure across production, staging and testing environments. Among others you would work on
- Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
- Design and implement DevOps solutions
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development and support operation and maintenance team
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
- Develop and maintain automated test framework tools to facilitate Systems Engineer testing tasks.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for system administrations tasks.
- Plan and execute a potential migration to a cloud service provider like AWS
What you should bring to the table
- Strong proficiency in Linux, Open Source, Web-based and Cloud-based environments (ability to use open source technologies and tools)
- Required strong scripting ability
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree is a plus (ability to code and script)
- Short learning curve for new technologies
- Good knowledge of networking (DNS, TCP/IP, routing, services and security)
- Strong scripting and automation (bash, Perl, common Linux utils), strong grasp of automation tools a plus. (chef, ansible, etc…)
- Strong debugging skills (OS, scripting, Web based technologies), SQL, Java and Database concepts are a plus
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystems (cli, api)
A plus would be:
- Programming skills (Java, Grails, C#, Ruby, Scala, Python)
- ML/Deeplearning knowledge (text analysis)
- Strong Unix Skills
- OS, kernel, memory, performance (network, disk)
- Web-based technology: Nginx, Apache2, REST API
- Strong understanding of open source culture and practice
- nginx, Apache, git, svn, GNU tools
- Grep, awk, sed
- Git, svn
- Scripting (bash, perl, python, etc…)
- API related skills (REST, and any other like google, aws, atlassian, cli)
What’s in it for you
- Flexible working time arrangements
- Option to choose your computer and equipment from an available selection
- Working alongside an experienced, successful and international team
- Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
- An ideal environment in which you can grow within a start-up atmosphere
- A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
- Increasing autonomy, authority and accountability based on your contributions
- Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
- Fresh fruits, drinks and joined lunch every week
- Working on Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work
Become a part of our team!
Please send your application as “DevOps / TechOps Engineer (m/f/d)” with your availability and salary. We look forward to meeting you.