Senior Backend Developer
Are you looking for a new job that is both challenging and exciting? Are you full of ambition and want to make a difference? Are you eager to change the world of online work with us? If you want to profit from numerous benefits and working in a start-up atmosphere excites you, twago is the right place for you!
For our office in the heart of Berlin we are looking for you to start as soon as possible as
for twago – Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work
Your role as Backend Developer
As part of an experienced, high-performing development team (currently 7 people) you will have a major responsibility for our Backend Development. You play an essential role in the process of delivering meaningful products and features to our platform and move your team forward. Developing our server-side, Java-based web application will be your field of expertise.
What you should bring in
● Excellent programming skills in Java, the following terms ring a bell: class loader, cafebabe, serialization, happens-before, eventually consistent, covariant, polymorphism, closures/lambdas.
● You understand that OO-programming is more than class hierarchies
● Experience with classic Java web frameworks, such as Spring-MVC, Stripes, JSF, Wicket and open for modern ones like Play or Dropwizard
● Good understanding of web standards and architectures (HTTP, MVC etc.) and eager to go beyond (SPDY etc.)
● Understanding of web performance best-practices (Caching, bundling etc.) and their architectural implications
● Familiarity with agile development & startup mentality
● Desire to work closely with your colleagues, move your team forward and make it greater
● Excellent written communication and documentation abilities in English
A plus would be
● Interest for DevOps on the live system
● Other languages (Grails, C#, Ruby, Scala)
● Experience with relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc), NoSQL stores
● German language
● BS/ MS in Computer Science or a related academic area, or equivalent work experience
● 4 years of full-time work experience in software development with extensive experience in building web-centric products in Java
● Demonstrated technical contribution to at least one crucial middle-tier project or product, from conception to production release
● Proven experience building systems which apply modern middle-tier architecture and design patterns
● Experience in building solutions for high traffic websites is appreciated
What’s in it for you
● Flexible working time arrangements
● Option to choose your computer and equipment from an available selection
● Working alongside an experienced, successful and international team
● Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
● An ideal environment in which you can grow within a start-up atmosphere
● A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
● Increasing autonomy, authority, and accountability based on your contributions
● Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
● Fresh fruits, drinks and company lunch every week
● Working on Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work
twago is a successful, internationally active enterprise on its way to becoming an established online company. We are changing the world of teamwork by connecting freelancers and business clients from all over the world in order to successfully manage various projects. Recently, our new product Twago Enterprise was launched allowing fortune 500 companies to attract freelance talent.
Become a part of our team!
Please send your application as “Backend Developer” with your availability and salary expectations addressed to Laura Christenhuß and click button
We look forward to meeting you.