Senior Backend Developer (m/f)
Are you eager to change the world of online work with us? If you want to profit from numerous benefits and working in a start-up atmosphere excites you, twago is the right place for you!
For our office in the heart of Berlin we are looking for you to start as soon as possible as
for twago – Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work
Your role as Backend Developer
As part of an experienced and international development team (currently 9 people) you play an essential role in the process of delivering meaningful products and features to our marketplace as well as to our white-label talentpool solution and move your team forward. Developing the backends of our two Java-based web application based products will be your field of expertise.
What you should bring in
● Excellent programming skills in Java, the following terms ring a bell: class loader, cafebabe, serialization, happens-before, eventually consistent, covariant, polymorphism, closures/lambdas.
● You understand that OO-programming is more than class hierarchies
● Experience with classic Java web frameworks, such as Spring-MVC, Stripes, JSF, Wicket and open for modern ones like Play or Dropwizard
● Good understanding of web standards and architectures (HTTP, MVC etc.) and eager to go beyond (SPDY etc.)
● Understanding of web performance best-practices (Caching, bundling etc.) and their architectural implications
● Familiarity with agile development & startup mentality
● Desire to work closely with your colleagues, move your team forward and make it greater
● Excellent written communication and documentation abilities in English
A plus would be
● Interest for DevOps on the live system
● Other languages (Grails, C#, Ruby, Scala, Python)
● ML/Deeplearning knowledge (text analysis)
● BS/ MS in Computer Science or a related academic area, or equivalent work experience
● Several years of full-time work experience in software development with extensive experience in building web-centric products in Java
● Demonstrated technical contribution to at least one crucial middle-tier project or product, from conception to production release
● Proven experience in building systems which apply modern middle-tier architecture and design patterns
What’s in it for you
● Flexible working time arrangements
● Option to choose your computer and equipment from an available selection
● Working alongside an experienced, successful and international team (no German required)
● Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
● A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
● Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
● Fresh fruits, drinks and joined lunch every week
● Working on Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work
twago is a successful, internationally active IT-Start-Up and part of Randstad, one of the global leaders in the HR services industry. We are changing the world of teamwork by connecting freelancers and business clients from all over the world in order to successfully manage various projects. We run Europe’s largest online platform for freelance work and just recently launched our first white-label talent pool solution for big corporations. We provide excellent working conditions in an international, motivated and homely working atmosphere.
Become a part of our team!
Please send your application as “Backend Developer” with your availability and salary expectations addressed to Jasmina Trajanovska. If you prefer to send your data via email, feel free to do so: email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you.