We’re a small norwegian startup company considering moving to the cloud. Our applications today are simple: Mostly PHP sites with elementary MySQL queries. Today we’re running on a virtual dedicated linux server, but we’re about to reach the point where we need more hardware resources - thus making some sort of upgrade inevitable. The ideal would be a system that’s automatically scalable, so that we won’t have to set up new servers etc. in the future. So what we’d like, is to know the price to have a consultant help us setting up the following:
Complete setup of the Amazon Cloud services, everything we need to get started
(could be Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, whatever is the easiest and works)
- Sites accessible through public HTTP
- Set up so that they are automatically scaled if our traffic grows
- Using one of the Amazon cloud database solutions
- Using Amazon Simple Storage for images and files
- Setting up our DNS so that our www domain works
Sample code using the AWS SDK for PHP2.
- Basic database queries. Create, insert, delete, update. Also running a “SELECT * FROM”-like query + parsing the result in PHP.
- Uploading files to the Amazon Simple Storage
- Linking to and displaying files saved in the Simple Storage
Teaching our developer the basics
- Our developer will probably have questions and need help in the beginning to make this work. So teaching him the basics and being available for questions will be necessary.
Requirements for your offer to be considered:
- Previous experience with setting up the Amazon Cloud
- Good written english
Offers can be fixed-price our hourly fee (together with a time estimate)