I need a simple application to print pictures on a photo printer.
I would like to show the pictures on a 42’’ or 50’’ touch screen where the people can select there picture by scrolling through them (eg touch flow) and print it by dragging it onto a defined area (eg. printer symbol).
- All pictures to display are stored in one directory.
- The directory should be customizable.
- During the event pictures are added constantly (so the display needs to be updated in the background).
- On the screen the pictures should appear in the order they were taken.
- It will need some kind of timeline or the date and time at the top of screen to give the people some orientation where to find their picture.
- Printing on two printers in sequence (to speed up the printing) would be nice.
- Background picture, color, picture size, fonts and font size should be customizable.
- All setting should be adjustable and reachable through one setup screen.
- Main display resolution is 1920x1080 (FullHD).
- If possible, the resolution should be customizable.
- The application should run in a kiosk mode so that only the administrator can terminate it.
- Error messages (eg printer) should be suppressed.
- application should run on Windows XP or WIndows 7.
I made a first layout (see attachment) how everything could look. But I’m open for useful ideas.