we are a platform, which is providing holiday apartments for customers. There are two particularities in this industry, when it comes to google ads/ conversions in general:
- people are more or less searching for apartments during the day, but are booking those not until the evening. Furthermore most traffic / bookings are coming in the late hours of the day
- most sales are generated on sunday, when we are not at our workplace all day
We worked with a position script before, but after google dismissed the average position, we were forced to change our strategy. That was when we decided to use the target-roas strategy. Overall we are medium happy with this decision. Since 10 days we are running a test, giving the individual campaigns a relatively high target roas, at the same time giving those campaigns nearly no limit a the budgets (we are working with daily budgets). While we run this test, I was wondering, if there is another controlling strategy, using scripts.
The goal of this script would be:
- not spending too much money during the day, having enough budget for the evening ours (some sort of budget restriction, but a boost for the evening)
- When the relation of costs and conversion value is bigger a value 'x' (for example 1.3), the script should be able to control the campaigns, so that they can spend more money
- overall the monthly budget should be kept. But there should be a variable setting, that the script can e.g. spend 20 % more of a monthly budget, which is set at the beginning of a month
There might be some more conditions, which might be useful. Thats where we would trust your experience, as a script developer.
Let me know, if you would be able to build a script like this plus I would be moire than happy about more condition proposals.
Thanks for your time so far.