We are in need of an iPad app that locates in the classic "Google map" interface different kind of businesses in Italy.
Here are the main requested features, for the two main parts of this app:
Part 1: Interactive map
- The geo-coordinates of the businesses will be loaded from an XML file (loaded from a website). A version of this XML file will be provided together with the app; on startup, the app will check for an updated version of the XML and, if present, will prompt for download.
- There are different types of businesses, each of them has a specific icon on the map; a sort of "clustering" system is needed to avoid displaying too many markers on lower zoom levels.
- When a single business is "touched" in the map the app displays brief contact informations; if the device is connected to the interne) some additional information will be displayed: photos, videos, a link to a pdf file.
Part 2: Interactive businesses list
- There will be an interactive and searchable list of all businesses, so that the user can search or select a specific one (by business type and city).
- Once the user has selected a business type, he can choose to select the nearest one by its GPS position
- For every business, obviously, the app will provide the same infos from Part 1 (contact infos and - if there's a data connection available - photos, video, links).
Some additional info:
- In the User Interface there will be a space for a small banner. The banners will be display on a rotation system; the list and the banner graphics will be downloaded on startup, or whenever a data connection is present
- The app will be submitted to the App Store under our name (we are registered at Apple as iPhone developers)
We're available to provide more informations or clarifications for every aspect of the app. We're designing some interface mockups to help clarify client's needs.