Founded in 2009 as a private company, Octopol builds best-in-class predictive technologies that combine the latest breakthroughs in data science with the passion and experience of our real-world experts. Comprised of passionate data scientists, talented developers, and hard-core sports enthusiasts, the Octopol team is committed to engineering the most accurate event prediction tools in the market. These proprietary systems are leveraged by Octopol's closed network of associated companies to maximize the value of its investments.
Octopol's mission offers a fun and engaging opportunity for anyone who loves data as much as they love sports and our employees are active partners in shaping the future of the company.
• Design distributed systems which can scale with our client base. Follow through with the full cycle of software development and testing to Cloud deployments and monitoring.
• Perform analysis of requirements working with the Product Owner and collaborate with other members in the team in order to translate requirements into shippable implementation.
• Work independently executing technical assignments. Make independent decisions and take action within established practices and procedures.
• Team player.
Qualifications & skills:
• At least 6 years experience in software development.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team development environment.
• At least 2 years prior experience in Node.js / JS / TypeScript / ECMAScript.
• Experience working on GCP / K8s.
• Experience building microservices / Restful APIs
• Experience working with relational / NoSQL databases.
• Experience with Git, Docker and CI/CD.
• Experience in TDD - an advantage