We are currently working with a database driven "offline" tool where we are manually entering application data and the data were saved on a local SQL server (only local access possible). Furthermore the database is a application-relationship-management tool. Means that the system generates automatically emails to employees as reminder. Currently the database stores approx. 26.000 data entries. System must be prepared to handle at least approx. 30 new applications on a daily basis. Every day approx. 30-40 applications are actively used by 6-8 users. The tool is used to store the applications we get, to enter follow up dates, to send automatic reminders to the responsible persons, etc..
Currently we are facing 3 major problems:
- Our current "stand-alone" solution is exceeding its performance limits. Database Access is very slow even though the database is stored locally.
- Since we are talking about a "stand-alone" application and not about an integrated web solution it is very difficult to integrate all of our 4 offices (Munich, Bejing, New York, Mumbai); of course we are facing also different technical difficulties at every site
- The current architecture of the application does not allow to implement new features efficiently (e.g. internship relationship management)
We would like to develop a scalable and state of the art web application that allows us to handle our application processes worldwide on one single platform. Additionally to the already existing features we would like to implement an automatic data entry if application data is uploaded via our homepage.
Key success factors:
- Application must performantly allow our employees to access the same database world wide at any time (also simultaneously)
- Application must be scaleable, modular and the development must clearly follow the MVC Framework
- Application must be able to handle templates (for example for E-Mails, etc.) which are set globally by an administrator and not all users have the rights to edit these templates
- Application must be set up multilingual. German and English are the languages to start with
- Response time must be between 2-6 sec. Exceptions must be documented
- different login structure: specific data with defined criteria are only visible to predefined users.
- User Management
- Role Management
- Search Functionality
- Templates and editing templates for Mailings, etc..
- Standard (pre defined) and user generated statistics
- Export statistics to Excel
- Import applicant data from Excel
- Standardized and personalized E-Mail batches
- E-Mail Reminder functionality to responsible persons
- Handling of application information (application date, last contact, responsible person, tel., event, ...)
Looking forward to your bid!