Freelance Korean/Japanese to English Translator
Leverage your scientific knowledge and professional experience to carve out a career as a freelance academic Korean (or Japanese) to English translator with CACTUS. Join our global (in-house & telecommute) team that includes 700+ doctors, engineers, PhDs, post-docs, peer reviewers, BELS-certified editors, and researchers from across the science spectrum, all with one common passion—effective science communication.
We are looking for experienced translators to work on academic manuscripts written in Korean (or Japanese. To qualify, you must have technical expertise in your field. Experience working in a foreign-language setting will be preferred. Essentially, your work will involve translating an academic research paper from Korean (or Japanese) into English.
· Proficiency in Korean (or Japanese) and English (essential)
· An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology as expressed in Korean (or Japanese) as well as in English (highly preferred)
· Expertise/An advanced degree in any of the following fields: medicine, the life sciences, engineering, and the physical sciences (preferred)
· Relevant certification or training, e.g., MA in translation studies (preferred)
· Minimum 2 years experience in Korean to English translation
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word
· Good time management skills (you will be required to work on deadlines)
Our selection process involves a short sample exercise.
Email your updated resume, cover letter in your offer