We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients including the commercial, healthcare, educational, institutional and industrial sectors.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects as directed by senior staff. These analysis' will include modeling of building for HVAC loading, performing heat loss calculations, pipe and duct sizing, calculating equipment support loads;
- Conduct surveys to gather field data;
- Prepare preliminary schematics and layouts for input to drafting;
- Assist as required in the preparation of final plans and specifications for Tender or client submissions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical);
- Registration or eligibility for registration as an Engineer in Training with PEGNL;
- 2 years of experience preferred, but we may consider candidates with less experience, if interest in buildings engineering is shown;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with recent versions of AutoCAD and/or REVIT;
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment;
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments;
- Experience using building codes in Newfoundland, as well as specialty regulations would be an asset.