This is the project. Our SAAS handles orders coming from different sources: eBay, Yahoo Shopping, Amazon and so on. We now want to integrate it with open source platforms like VirtueMart, OS Commerce, Magento and ZenCart. We need a 2 way integration:
- Products --> from our SAAS to ecommerce
- Orders and customers --> from ecommerce to our SAAS
. These integration modules must be like a packet that our customer buys. This is what i think:
- Products: our SAAS can produce three files:
- a full inventory file. This file contains all the informations about products (descriptions in languages, prices, quantities, name, images and so on)
- a real time XML inventory file. This file contains ID and available quantity for each item. It also contains IDs for added, updated and deleted products since the last update. If you have a new or an updated product, you will have to get its information using the third file, if you have a deleted product you just have to delete it.
- a single product file. This file contains all the informations about a single product.
- Orders: our SAAS expose a simple webservice that lets you communicate a new order. You will have to communicate to it each new order you generate through the platform.
I think this is quite simple and feasible. Let me know what you think.