Here's what the script should be able to do.
Brief description of what the script should do:
Automate the process of placing a student work PDF in an InDesign template and saving as a new presentation PDF.
How the automation script could work step-by-step:
- The script opens the InDesign template.
- Creates a new file
- Saves the file with the new file name in a new folder. (there should be a option in the script for where to save or the save box pops up at the start of the process for all files in that sequence, or this could be in the reference Excel spreadsheet).
- The script adds the headers and footers (according to the Excel spreadsheet)
- It then adds new pages according to the amount required in the relevant student work PDF which is placed in the template file.
- The script adjusts the fitting and positioning of the sample PDF within the template.
- It then exports a PDF as a presentation PDF and saves as the relevant sample number.
- Closes the file.
- Then the process is repeated until all the samples have been processed.
There are already scripts which do some of these things but I need someone to make all the functions work in sequence.
There are two types of PDFs that need to added,
1. the student work PDF - this has text and images
2. the student work PDF - this has text and images with comments, so this would need to have the spacing adjusted in the script so that the PDF sits properly on the page, see attached examples.
Thanks in advance