As Lead Artist you are responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for the game (CI). Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game. Ensure that all assets created by the art team and outsource studios conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title.
Participate in and run meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team and outsourcing studios. Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
The project should start as soon as possible and last for at least 6 months in which the freelancer works as close to full-time as possible.
The client, a renowned game developing company, has over 80 million users worldwide and you have the chance to inspire them with a marvelous design!
Who we look for
Freelancers or Agencies
Create a stunning visual experience – from the UI to core game assets
- Leading the art team for one of our games
- Supervising both the social and mobile art process for the game
- Support the team with both artistic creativity and conceptual thinking
- Help recruiting new artists into the team while the game grows
- Help porting our games to HTML5 if necessary
- Coordinate what the game needs from our external studio
- Close collaboration with marketing, product managers and developers
- Creating graphics, animations and doing the layout as well as completing the interface design for our 2D games
What we expect
- Several years of experience from creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
Experienced with interface design and flash animation
Very good knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- A proven track record of creating appealing UI, characters and environments
- A good eye for composition colour, lighting, and perspective
- Great knowledge of the tools and methods involved in developing commercially successful games
- Experience with people management
- Good communication and organizational skills, preferably experience from working in an agile project environment
- Degree in design, trained in media design or comparable qualifications
- Working from the client office in Berlin City
What we offer
- Creative freedom Independent work in an agile Scrum team
- A friendly, international team
- Work in an attractive loft office located in Berlin Mitte (with free Coke, fruit, pool table, ping ping table, roof terrace)
- Music, sports, fun and games during breaks or in the evening
- We can help with your visa, work permit, registration, and any ongoing needs
We look forward to receiving your offer, including the earliest possible starting date. Please attach any digital work, i.e. online portfolio, references, etc.