we are looking for a Berlin based tech guy who knows his way around Linux.
- we have a touch screen device that works like a computer on Linux.
- it has an automation to go into Firefox kiosk modus to display our site
- the site is basically a long list of names. it is updated through a vpn access to our server
- the device also has an update routine to get latest updates from server
- we have multiple of those devices distributed all over the world and can only get hold of every device through SSH connection
- we now have multiple hardware versions and it seems the problem with updating is a combination of wrong driver for the graphics card and linus version
we are looking for somebody that can streamline this.
- find out the issue with the driver
- write a script that adapts the devices according to different hardware szenarios
- updates the update mechanism
it would be best to have somebody based in Berlin to be able to check the device out directly. if not, we can also ship it but that would be higher complexity.
you can come by our office to check it out if you like (Berlin, Mitte)
let me know