We are currently seeking a developer to build a mobile version of our web application, vidscrip.com.
Vidscrips are video playlists created by doctors using an iPad. Doctors create vidscrips to educate their patients more efficiently and effectively on health topics relevant to them.
Patients watch vidscrips because they want relevant health information from their doctor. They can watch vidscrips by visiting their doctor's vidscrip.com account page (e.g. vidscrip.com/drsname) using their computer, tablet and smart phone. vidscrip.com is free to use for both doctors and patients.
The first version of the mobile app would be developed for iOS; specifically, Apple iPads, and focus on providing doctors with the functionality to create vidscrips. Patients will not use the application. We plan to expand the app to other mobile platforms/devices in later iterations.
The first version of the mobile app requirements are:
- To function on the Apple iPad (models 2011+)
- To allow new users to register/create accounts within vidscrip.com *
- To allow new users to complete an account profile *
- To build new vidscrips by replicating the existing web application's vidscrip "builder" functionality *
- To manage/edit existing vidscrips through a dashboard *
- To allow doctors to build vidscrips "offline" (without a network connection) **
- To push "offline" vidscrips into the web application using a private API **
* We would like you to register for a new account on vidscrip.com (it's free), complete your profile, and build a vidscrip. Note: Building a vidscrip must be done using an Apple iPad, or can be fudged
** The API is not developed. We want to determine whether we'll build it internally or allow the developer to do so. This will largely be based on the cost of the first version of the application.
We really appreciate your time and would love to the conversation about you building our mobile application. If the above information is enough for you to properly evaluate the work required to meet our requirements for version one of the platform, we would love (a) a proposal, (b) a timeline, and (c) an estimated cost.