Python Developer with Cassandra for Social Media - high-performance computing environment.
Industry: Internet/Online/New Media
Position: Python Dev
Location: Sydney - Water front office and King st Wharf
or our SOMA based San Francisco office
Compensation: Top End
We are a leading edge 3 year Social Media start-up.
We are looking for a rockstar Python Developer.
Are you looking to work on the forefront of a new social media industry?
Are you an expert Python Developer with Cassandra skills
This is an opportunity for individuals to be part of a great team and join a company with unlimited potential.
Compensation is very competitive as we are looking for the best developers/thinkers in the industry.
Flexible hours - OK to work from home 1 day a week.
What we need from you:
- Strong skill set in Python with cassandra experience
About our Company:
PeopleBrowsr is a 3-year start-up, cash-positive, with a small team (35) of best-in-class engineers and marketers.
Global offices in Sydney, San Francisco, New York, Manila and London
You would be working in either our Sydney or San Francisco office
PeopleBrowsr is a rapidly expanding, leading global provider of social media data, analytics and brand engagement to enterprise brand managers, agencies, and software developers. We have developed a deep social media archive and sophisticated analysis services to identify key influencers and engaged audiences and activate communities through social media channels.
Our rich data mine can be filtered by keywords, location, time, bios of all Twitter users and which can be used to find a target audiences on both demographic, psychographic, geo-targeted, time-targeted criteria. This provides the basis for us to offer superior sentiment analysis to 95% accuracy, provide media buy opportunities on Twitter, and encourage authentic conversation. We also support monitoring and analytics on MySpace, Facebook Fanpages, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, and more.
- Experience needed in building out highly scalable services.
- A combination of coding skills and architecture are required.
- A 'thinking developer' who isn’t afraid to build large-scale applications
- Proven ability to tune and troubleshot high throughput data-based applications
- Set quality and performance standards
- Design, build, and iterate on core product features
- Construct framework-level tools to speed up and simplify development