Technically we want a clone of http://www.quickmeme.com/ but there should be another, more restricted format for the images the users can create:
- all user created pictures are made of two images like "before / after" pictures you know from weight loss ads
- below each image the user is able to place up to 40 characters of text. so we got max 40 characters below each of the two pictures (which are presented in one image together)
- there has to be a black border around each of the two pictures, background is white
- design has to be web20ish: big fonts, round corners and all that hip stuff ;-)
- there has to be a language file or anything which makes it easy to use the script for different languages
- no registration needed to create images. if user registration is easy and in that budget to implement you should implement it. otherwise we do that in step 2 with you (follow-up order)
- people can upload their own image files to create a picture made of two images they upload
- people can create pictures by editing the ones made by other people
- popular images sorted by day, week and month (counter needed)
- SEO friendly URLs
- existing open source scripts should be used to save time if possible
summary: a quickmeme.com clone restricted to creating one image made of two images next to each other with max 40 characters under each of the two images.
if you are interested but a bit confused how it shall look like i can send you an example of how the created images should look like.