Using meshlab sourgeforce we need:
1) importing 3D mesh huge files the system has to alert in case of to many vertex to be imported in order to avoid software crash while importing.
2) option to automatically overwrite vertex
3) tool to create objects to be introduced into th 3D model; objects (small dot or box) simulate fire and gas detectors; property of the objects are: Gas detector -input a specific radius associated to the box (a spherical transparent volume will be shown around); Fire (like a camera) input cone of vision and distance from box (a cone trasparent will be shown)
4) select a box around the 3d model (also a portion) than become the target volume V1 to be monitored.
5) gas detectors analysis: calculate the percentage of V1 occupied by the volumes associated to each gas detector
6) fire detectors (cameras): calculate the percentage of V1 VIEWED by the detectos (cones) taking into account obstructions in line of sight from detectors
Something similar to what I want is this software demo i found on youtube. the tool is very expensive for this reason I want something simpler in meshlab.