Role: Sr. Developer / Developer
Our client is looking for an experienced Sr. Developer / Developer for an Architecture & IT Transformation Program for one of our Telecom clients in Germany.
This transformation will use Agile principles as a way to improve our performance and better serve the needs of our client’s end-customers. By moving to Agile, we are creating an even more responsive, customer-centric IT organization, enabling delivery products & services more efficiently to market.
As a Sr. Developer / Developer, you will:
• Lead the technical implementation, testing and support as per the agreed design and be the technical SPoC for the identified service functionality
• Strengthen the “Agile Way of Working” for your agile team members, within your Tribe or Value Stream.
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams in an Agile way such as Product Managers/Owners, Business Owners, Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Technical Leads.
• A “full-rounded” & independent developer ready to take on development, system testing, CI/CD, Automation and Test/Prod Support, working in fully agile teams owning the application functionality implementation in all aspects
• In the Design capacity:
o Design the application user interfaces, interfaces with other systems, database structure & data model, object model
o Design cost efficient, secured, high availability and/or fault tolerant solutions leveraging the cloud services or managed cloud services
o Ensure that the application design is detailed to a point where implementation can proceed
• In the Development capacity:
o Code Development & Unit Testing - Implement the various application components / modules as per the application design, Unit testing using standard UT framework
o Component Testing - Create component test plan / test cases, Test preparation (incl test data), Execution of Component Test Cases, Automation of test cases, Sharing Test results and reports
o CI/CD Pipeline - Implementation of the required CI/CD tooling to enable automated build, code quality, deployment, test and release to production using standard frameworks (Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, SVN/GIT etc.)
o Test Automation - design and implement test automation based on application requirements, continuously update automation framework and maintain a cohesive testing suite
o Documentation - Create support documents (e.g. Release Notes, Training Material, Installation Guide, Migration Guide)
o E2E Test Support - Creation of test data required for E2E Integration testing, support E2E testing and fault fixes
o Manage all software installations, configurations, and monitor installations across environments (dev, test, prod)
o Bug fixing and 3rd Level Application Support
o Identify opportunities for automation within the application and the associated processes
What we are looking for / Your Profile:
• Overall around 3 - 6 years of work experience, with proven track record in Application development, testing and support
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge about Telecom domain with deep know-how about CRM systems, Billing systems, Order Management systems, Product Catalog systems and other Telecom BSS Applications. Understanding about Prepaid, Postpaid and Enterprise customers of a Telecom Operator.
• Experience in designing solutions around one or more Telecom BSS COTS Products (e.g. Peoplesoft CRM, Kenan billing, Oracle OSM, Comptel Eventlink, Hansen, Compax) and in managing the application interfaces
• Experience in implementing the CI/CD pipeline for an application using standard DevOps tools
• Experience in designing and programming solutions in Java/J2EE, Oracle technologies
• Experience in delivering solutions on Public Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.) with a good knowledge of Cloud native services available
• Experience in agile practices using Scrum, Kanban
• Excellent level of English. Knowledge of German will be beneficial.