the taxi app allows users to call a cab through the press of one button. there are 2 corresponding apps which allow both apps to function and will also leave the user with a simple yet very useful app which they can easily navigate their way around. so here's how it works;
- the user who wants a taxi opens the app and they are presented with one large button
- when this button is pressed the taxi who has the other app is sent a message which tells them how far away the person is i.e. a message simply says "there is a person waiting for a taxi 2miles away. Do you accept?"
- the first taxi driver to accept will get the job so the other drivers cannot access or respond to the request. this eliminates any chance of many taxis arriving to the customer
- once a driver has accepted the request the customer will be presented with a green button with a tick in it to show them that a taxi is on its way.
- the customer can then select the "where's my cab" icon on the app and then be presented with a navigation map with a moving arrow to represent the taxi, how far away it is and how long it will be.
this is a much simpler version of the app "uber" which makes it user friendly and easy to use. we will also only sign up licensed taxi companies so to improve customer safety.
it could all be combined into the one app wereby the first time the customer signs up (which can eather be done through email or facebook) they are given the option of being a taxi or a customer. If they do wish to sign up as a taxi they will have to get our conscent through the app so that it is a legitimate taxi firm