I need someone with experience with electron-builder (https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-builder) who can write a step by step instructions for building desktop installer.
It should be possible to create multi platform installer using this instructions.
Another important aspect is automation. Please describe how to automate single steps if possible.
What should be covered:
- Requirements for an application/technology/app structure
- Configuration for all required text, names, images, title, backgrounds etc for installer (Which attributes are required/possible)
- Multi Language support for installers
- Upload source code to the build server/VM
- Handling dependencies and native dependencies
Is it possible to automatically install native dependencies?
Are there differences depending on OS.
- Using build server for target platform https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-builder/wiki/Multi-Platform-Build
How to rent (costs) / configure / deploy
Step by step to create/buy Certificate. what can be automated
- Publishing build to Amazon S3 (how to configure S3)
- Notification on build completed/failed with report
with e-mail notification, and download link
- App updates
How to handle app updates, check for updates, download updates., OS integration. What is possible (best practices)