Seeking a WordPress Backend Developer (PHP/MySQL) to contribute to our growing, talented team of Wordpress Jedis.
Experience in the WordPress Force, you must have.
- 2 years minimum PHP & MySQL development experience, including object oriented PHP
- Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development, and WordPress database structure knowledge
- Experience transferring data through endpoints using APIs
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Understanding of WordPress shortcodes, functions, and the loop
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility regarding changing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivation to complete projects while working remotely
- Experience with Brightcove (Video Cloud) and its BEML language (preferred)
- Experience with Git (please send link to your GitHub profile)
- Managed more than one custom WordPress site
Job responsibilities, you will perform:
- New coding for our existing themes, new coding for plugins, work with existing plugins (WooCommerce), and third party integrations
- Updating and maintenance of code across our network of websites
- Troubleshooting website and technology issues across our managed platforms, including WordPress, Brightcove, Doubleclick, and several more
- Testing new website code prior to deployment
- Managing source code in Github
- Updating mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Gathering requirements, estimating projects, and performing approved tasks
- Communicating with our clients on tasks related to their initiatives
- Project management and team/project management (with sufficient experience)
Please Note: This position is for US and Canada based developers only.
Our clients demand exceptional work so we are very focused on accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness. If hired, one of our senior developers will work with you to bring you up to speed on all our projects. Overall, you will work closely with our team but primarily take the initiative on your workload, so self-motivation is a must!
Compensation and Hours:
This opportunity is for 20-30 hours per week initially, with the potential for full time if you perform well for our clients. The more of the requested capabilities/experience you have, the more hours we can offer. Hourly 1099 contract trial to start with the potential for full-time employment. The initial hourly rate (and eventually salary) is in the range of $50-$70/hr and that is dependent on your experience and performance. Paychecks are paid monthly. What we offer is flexibility. We look forward to exploring further and uniting our time and talents with you. May the WordPress Force be with you always.